Thursday, May 5, 2016

Beware! "Apple Stole My Music. No, Seriously."

This from James Pinkstone at Vellum, on his Kafka-esque experience with Apple deleting his music -- his own music he himself had composed -- as well as his playlists.

Apple Stole My Music. No, Seriously. | vellumatlanta: I had just explained to Amber that 122 GB of music files were missing from my laptop. I’d already visited the online forum, I said, and they were no help. Although several people had described problems similar to mine, they were all dismissed by condescending “gurus” who simply said that we had mislocated our files (I had the free drive space to prove that wasn’t the case) or that we must have accidentally deleted the files ourselves (we hadn’t). Amber explained that I should blow off these dismissive “solutions” offered online because Apple employees don’t officially use the forums—evidently, that honor is reserved for lost, frustrated people like me, and (at least in this case) know-it-alls who would rather believe we were incompetent, or lying, than face the ugly truth that Apple has vastly overstepped its boundaries. (James Pinkstone, Vellum)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Regan!

    Do you do sponsored posts?

    I have a client that is the publisher of a well-known writer who has written a book in which I believe your viewers would be interested.

    We would like to pay you to post about the book on your blog, with, of course, a disclaimer that acknowledges that you've been compensated for the post.

    Would you be interested in an arrangement like this?

    Please email me at davidw@reachorb.com.

    Thanks very much.

    -dw

    David Winter
    ReachOrb
    2603 Main Street, Suite 800 | Irvine, CA 92614
    TEL: 949.500-4027
    EMAIL: davidw@reachorb.com URL: www.reachorb.com

    ReplyDelete