Friday, May 6, 2011

Jellyfish Tanks

Jellyfish tanks are the latest thing for collectors. I love jellyfish (my Etsy book store is called Jellyfish Sky) and I think it would be quite cool to have one of these "jellyfish art tanks." On the other hand, something about this bothers me; captured jellyfish swimming endlessly around in a tank, how happy a life is that? It's all a constant moral balancing act on the self-gratification gratuitous continuum. So even if I could afford the $300.00 (at the minium) cost, I would pass.

Jellyfish Tanks available from Jellyfish Art | Buy Now

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Regan! I agree, the tiny tanks depicted are hideous... but, imagine having a huge high-end marine aquarium with some comb jellies floating around and flashing their magical little blue lights - that actually used to be a dream of mine! Ah well, I can dream, can't I? :-)
    Best,
    Dia

    ReplyDelete