Friday, June 18, 2010

Mermaid Synchronicity, The Secret Sun, and The BP Oil Spill

In my previous post, I commented about The Secret Sun's article on symbolic and synchronicistic connections surrounding the BP oil spill. Among the imagery is the mermaid:
Strangely enough, mermaids were featured on the episode of 20/20 that I briefly appear in, but the biggest story of the year- of the past several years- by far is most certainly water-based: the BP/Deepwater Horizon catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico. ~ (Secret Sun blog)
A comment left at Secret Sun links to this image on the Aqua Man Shrine site:
I commented in my previous post that this oil spill is very profound, on many levels. The obvious tragedy of this aside, there's something more happening here, and I cannot get away from this. Not since 9/11 have I been glued to the various news streams with an obsession. . . this disaster is always on my mind.
There is a lot more to the Gulf story than we're being told, and it connects to these deeper symbolic themes that I've been telling you about for the past year or so. Of that I'm sure. Understanding these themes and where they may be leading us to is the only reason I put so much of my time into this blog. Because I have a feeling that we're all headed for some very deep waters indeed. ~ (Secret Sun)
As I've mentioned in the earlier post,  I know this on some level and my following juxtapositions, synchronicities, subliminal language, etc. is a method to, as SS says, "understanding" and finding where we're going.

I posted the earlier post this morning, before leaving for work. A co-worker had her two small daughters (about four and five years old) with her as we worked in the office. Her daughters had several pieces of paper lined up on the floor; great drawings! They were making a mural. A mermaid mural. Each piece of paper had a drawing of a mermaid on it, and the girls were cutting out the pictures and gluing them to a long sheet of paper for the mural.

More mermaids: same co-worker told me they have stayed, a few times over the years, at what they call the "mermaid house," an inn somewhere in California that has mermaids as the theme. They're planning on going down there again this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment